Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Paint's on the Palette

Sometimes, you pick the moment. And, sometimes, the moment picks you. I've sat down at my desk well over a dozen times the past few weeks ready to share insights and humor, a piece of my mind, and maybe even a piece of my heart, and every single time, I've found myself at the piano about an hour later tapping a different kind of key. God knows I haven't been without inspiration lately. My goodness. Sometimes, though, no matter how many notes you play, words you type, or brushstrokes to the canvas, that song, that poem, that painting, well, they don't have a chance. Why? Because this is all about more than just me or you or any of us. There's a bigger picture that we're all a part of. You think you're using the brush to paint? Ever thought maybe it's the brush that's using you? Either way, it all has to come together before that picture can be painted. It's been the same for everyone from Monet to Pollock, and now for you and me. To get that masterpiece, you gotta mix more than just paint. And that's precisely when you begin to really create something from those primary colors of yours...

The past week has been full of spontaneous surprises. Everything from potato skins to "yes" to not feeling the least bit cold under the moon. Have you ever had one of those perfect days that you couldn't have planned? When things just come together, under the garb of randomness, but you can't help but look back and think spontaneity had a plan all along? Those are the days you wish could last forever. Truth be told, I don't think I'd ever had one of those days until yesterday. But as tomorrow usually does, tomorrow came and turned into today, reminding me that some days are better than others. And, that's ok. We need those special days that are just, for some reason a little nicer, because even though every day is worth painting, the special days remind us exactly why we put our paint on the palette to begin with.

1 comment:

  1. Nice txt !!! Lets hope that you have more of this specials days !!!

    ReplyDelete